Tuesday, August 21, 2007

How is the Grizzweaver gene transfered?

I just want to know. Alyson wasn't even born into this family and yet she carries the gene. Is it transferred by touch? By marriage? Do my children have any chance of surviving? As you you all know Alyson had a break-down with my BMW just outside the booming metropolis called Wamsutter, Wyoming. It so happens that earlier in the day I decided to make sure that my car would have no problems at all so I went to replenish the coolant levels only to have it boil over and drop the cap somewhere into the guts of the engine. I had me and 4 other guys looking over the entire engine and could not find the darn cap. Well, my feeling is that the darn cap slipped into the fan outside of Wamsutter and caused the aforementioned disaster. So, my wife goes for a ride in a tow truck from Wamsutter to Rock Springs with Biff the stinky tow truck driver. Who knows what cost I'm in for. At least Alyson is in Provo now and safe. I called Steve's Auto in Rock Springs and he still doesn't even know what the car needs, he's not sure if he'll "get to it today." So, what are the chances that I'll have the car ready by Saturday? "I dunno...," said Steve. The Grizzweaver gene is alive and well. Good luck to my children.

3 comments:

Cami said...

Just my opionion, but from your story I gathered that the problem gene has not transfered to Alyson, but that it is still safely within YOU!!!!

Nori said...

And guilt by association!

fred said...

It is an interesting gene that is somewhat resesive by nature but seems to be stimulated by poor planning and hurry up actions. It tends to manifest itself on those occassions when least expected and planned for. It usually is only an annoyance, but when the results are transferred to an unsuspecting second party it can cause extreme cost and intermarital bickering.