Wednesday, May 21, 2008

One of Those Days


So, have you ever had one of those days...
It started out so normal, I got out of bed at 5 am to go swim. I put my bike on the bike rack and off I went. The day went downhill from there. I won't even go into the work issues because they're so boring to most of you, but I ran behind all day long. A big deal I'm trying to get finished was falling apart, but I was able to break away for a little bike ride on my beloved Guru at lunch time only to have 2 flat tires and have to bum another off a fellow biker. I was late back for my next patient and it continued to go bad. I leave late from work for home, pick up Preston, Adin and Mia from their friends home with my mind totally on this deal I'm working on. I then did the un-thinkable, I drove into the garage with my custom-made, very expensive, bright red bike on the top of my car. Needless to say, that was the end of the bike's life! I almost starting crying and then Mia hugged my leg and said, "It's okay Daddy." She said it so cute that I almost started to laugh, but I looked down at her and said, "I really don't think it's okay Mia." The bike was totally ruined and for all those that know, I have a big race in Hawaii next week. I immediately jumped into action to find me a new bike and I bought it. I now own more in bikes than most small countries generate in a year. Luckily, my home-owners insurance is going to cover the loss and I love my new toy even though it still makes me misty-eyed to see my beloved Guru so destroyed. To top it all off, my window in my BMW wouldn't go up and the windshield wiper came completely off the back of my car. In retrospect, I guess it is okay Mia. It's all perspective. I'm sure glad I have such a great family that supports my crazy love for biking and triathlon-ing (not a word). It could always be worse!

3 comments:

fred said...

This could only happen to YOU!! Good story, but the beginning is already wrong, normal days do not start out they way any of your days start out. In reality I think this whole story is just a normal day for your crazy life. dad

Nori said...

Does "out of control" or "overscheduled" ring any bells?

Oh well that's my Adam..........
I love you anyway! :)

Cami said...

If mom had'nt already told me this story earlier, I would have laughed out loud. Grateful for those little ones that try to keep us focused on reality.