Thursday, October 29, 2009

Grandmanori has a new calling

Just as I was ready to settle into the rocking chair and get older than my time, I was issued a calling to serve as 2nd counselor in the Stake Young Women! Isn't that a kicker? I have served as YW pres 3 times, but I haven't worked in YW in nearly 30 years!

I've always been a little confused by that because my Patriarical Blessing states; "I bless you with health and happiness and strength of mind and body, so you may be willing and able to give your time to the Lord and serve Him and keep His commandments, for you will be called to work actively in His Church, particulary with the young people, and God will inspire you to teach them and direct their lives and instruct them. He will loosen your tongue so you may stand before them and teach them so their testimonies will grow and their desire to serve Him will increase. They will follow your example and do things as you do them, so live obedient to your Father in Heaven, for many will pattern their lives after you. You will be a strength and influence among them, for God will bless you with this ability."

Now I'm nearly 60 and called to do what I was supposed to do all along? Just shows how the Lord has his own time table for everything. WISH ME LUCK!

4 comments:

Adam Weaver said...

YES! You'll do great. You're extremely young at heart!

Britt said...

Congratulations! You will be great. I'm glad to see your amazing talents put to good use!

Cami said...

You have been serving young people all along...you have a wise president!

Alyson said...

Congratulations! You are going to be great! All the young people sure love you in this family! The Young Women will be very blessed!