Saturday, February 11, 2012
The Preston and the Hare...
So, earlier this week Alyson made an off-the-cuff remark about all the "darn bunnies running around our yard." She said, "I wish someone would just shoot those darn things!" Well, Preston got out his Christmas present (his pellet gun), went out, and with one shot got the biggest bunny of them all right between the eyes. It wasn't the elation he thought he'd have. In fact, it down-right devastated the boy. He ran out, wrapped the bunny in his arms and brought the poor thing inside (crying hysterically the whole time). Alyson couldn't believe her eyes and made Preston take the dead bunny out to the trash immediately. She then tried to console poor Preston who still feels as if he's committed a very huge sin. To top it all off, the poor kid can't get away from that dead bunny. He hasn't been able to sleep at all, he had to finish reading "Call of the Wild" (when I asked him how he liked it he said, "It was good except it just kept reminding me of that bunny!", and then today he just texted Alyson while he was up snowboarding and said, "We're eating at this Chinese restaurant and there is a calendar that tells you what animal you are and guess which one I am...You guessed it A RABBIT!" The poor kid will never shoot a living thing again in his life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think he takes after his Grandpa Fred in this way. He also can't stand the thought of killing something and had a really hard time as a kid when he had to sometimes. Sometimes when they didn't have anything to eat they had to shoot rabbits. He also had to kill chickens sometimes........He still can't stand the thought of shooting an animal!
Preston, you are a sweet, sensitive boy.....that is a very GOOD thing. I love you.
It works for some people, but not everyone. Unfortunately it has always bothered me and I do not understand the whole kill something process, but it is important to remember every person much choose for themselves. I do not want to fault people who choose to hunt. It is a legitimate choice. gpa fred
Poor kid! And of course he would have to be a good shot! What a sweet story. I'm sorry he is so upset over it.
Post a Comment