



Believe it or not, I wanted to do that crazy 120 mile ride from Evergreen to Avon again this year. This time I recruited Derek to do it with me! It was great! We made it into a kind of vacation by getting babysitting for our kids and then having Alyson and Britt drop us off in Evergreen, meet us in Idaho Springs after our 1st ascent and 1st descent (while we were still somewhat fresh) and then they went off to Vail and rode their bikes along the beautiful trails there while Derek and I suffered over 2 more 10,000+ ft. mountain passes. We met up with them again after being completely punished and jetted off to the SPA for some massages! It was a great day! We went out to dinner that night at the top of Vail ski resort and then slept in (no kids) and went off to the Vail branch for a Spanglish sacrament meeting. We then had some great pizza in Vail Village before heading home. It was great! We love having the MicroWeaver's here with us. We wished that all of you could have been here as well. Derek and I talked a lot on our ride and both of us said how great it would have been to have Tyson and Timmy up there riding with us. We're sure they were watching. We're also sure that in the Celestial Kingdom we can have rides just like that one, only it's all downhill!
2 comments:
It was a GREAT weekend! Thanks you guys!
This is fred posting on Nori.
Adam, most of us would be happy in a down hill heaven, but I doubt you would enjoy it at all. dad
Post a Comment