Day 8, North Shore, O'ahu
After we disembarked the Pride of America on Saturday morning in Honolulu, we drove up to the North Shore to go to the temple in Laie and then hang out at Pipeline beach watching the surfers.
We ended the day back at the Tai-Hooks home for dinner with them and Russell's family.
The trip was a perfect, revitalizing break for both of us.
We decided that the cruise is by far the most economical way to see so many of the Hawaiian Islands.
If (when) we ever go back, it's hard to say which island we would choose-- Maui was our favorite beach-bumming island, Kauai was great for hiking and adventure, and O'ahu offers a great variety. All of them are beautiful-- I don't think you could really go wrong. The big island (Hawaii) was fine, but I wouldn't necessarily choose to go back. Unless my choice was between Saginaw, Michigan, and the Big Island (as Derek just put the question to me), I guess the Big Island would be okay. :)
Thanks to four awesome grandparents for watching our boys-- I think they had so much fun that they didn't have time to miss us!
3 comments:
I just love how cute pregnant you look...I am glad it is you and never again, me! Hey, when do we find out what gender that kid is anyway?
Thanks, Cami. Although when I lay down every night consumed with heartburn, I don't feel that cute.
I'm so glad you were able to have such a good time. Great Pictures!
Post a Comment