We haven't posted in a while, life has been crazy as usual. We want to brag about our son Connor. He has been a good example recently that we are proud of. The 1st is with his friend Jackson. Connor invited him to a youth activity at our church where we helped at the Salvation Army for Christmas. We just found out through Jackson's mom that he was very impressed by our church and by Connor. Jackson's mom told Alyson, "I don't know what it is about Connor and your church, but Jackson came home totally impressed. He said, 'There is something different about Connor and his church, it's just great!' All I know is that we want Jackson to come to any events your church has to offer because we want him to be just like Connor." The other example is at the Priesthood Preview that we had the other day. Connor, being the Deacon's quorum president, had to speak to all of the 11 yr olds coming into the quorum this year and their parents. He spent a large part of his Sunday preparing his thoughts and then gave a great talk/lesson to all of us. There was one boy in particular that has been struggling already. The day after the meeting, this boy's mother talked to Alyson and told her, with tears in her eyes, that Connor did more with that talk than any of the leader's have done ever. This boy now wants to be "just like Connor." He also said that he can't wait to have the priesthood if it means hanging out with cool kids like Connor. It's nice to have people think highly of your kid. The other leader's and parents at that meeting all were very impressed by Connor's maturity and testimony.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Connor a Good Example!
We haven't posted in a while, life has been crazy as usual. We want to brag about our son Connor. He has been a good example recently that we are proud of. The 1st is with his friend Jackson. Connor invited him to a youth activity at our church where we helped at the Salvation Army for Christmas. We just found out through Jackson's mom that he was very impressed by our church and by Connor. Jackson's mom told Alyson, "I don't know what it is about Connor and your church, but Jackson came home totally impressed. He said, 'There is something different about Connor and his church, it's just great!' All I know is that we want Jackson to come to any events your church has to offer because we want him to be just like Connor." The other example is at the Priesthood Preview that we had the other day. Connor, being the Deacon's quorum president, had to speak to all of the 11 yr olds coming into the quorum this year and their parents. He spent a large part of his Sunday preparing his thoughts and then gave a great talk/lesson to all of us. There was one boy in particular that has been struggling already. The day after the meeting, this boy's mother talked to Alyson and told her, with tears in her eyes, that Connor did more with that talk than any of the leader's have done ever. This boy now wants to be "just like Connor." He also said that he can't wait to have the priesthood if it means hanging out with cool kids like Connor. It's nice to have people think highly of your kid. The other leader's and parents at that meeting all were very impressed by Connor's maturity and testimony.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
you have every right to brag!! i am going to brag about him, too! He is becoming a pretty awesome young man! I am not sure i would have used the lower picture during the bragging process, though! JK, but I've seen Connor look much better.
Connor--
I am so impressed and not at all surprised. You are such a fun young man and so pleasant to be around. I'm sure that sometimes hanging around all of our younger kids isn't always your idea of fun, but we appreciate you being a good sport and a good example. We love you!!!
good for connor. These are really great stories to be shared and remembered. I am very proud of my oldest grandboy. He is also setting a good example for the entire family. thank you connor. I am going to try to be a better person myself. gpa fred
I haven't posted for a while because when I've opened this up all I've seen is the top picture of the family at the Lake and didn't think there was anything new. :)
Adam and Alyson,
Try to remember this when he aggrevates the snot out of you sometimes. He is such a great kid, but still a normal teenager who will test his limits occasionally or develop opinions that are opposed to yours. He is a very mature and wonderful boy. We are all lucky to have him in our family.
LOVE YOU CONNOR!
Post a Comment