Our little Spring Break adventure to Steamboat was a hit! The biggest news is that Mia stayed in ski school for all 3 days! The other news was the snow! I snowed from the time we left until now. I have never boarded in such powder in my life! The great thing is that we were all able to stay together. Yesterday, Adin was doing a BLACK DIAMOND run in 18 inches of powder with me, Connor and Preston. Alyson had hurt her leg and had just missed this (she's the smart one that would never let us do a run of this nature), but we all did it! Adin was a trooper (he did have a little melt-down when it seemed at a point that the run actually never was going to end), but he did great! He can't wait to tell everyone that he did a black diamond run in a blizzard! We ate a lot of good food and topped it off with nearly 3 hours in the hot springs last night! Our trip home was an adventure with all of the snow, but it really wasn't a big deal.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Our Steamboat Vacation
Our little Spring Break adventure to Steamboat was a hit! The biggest news is that Mia stayed in ski school for all 3 days! The other news was the snow! I snowed from the time we left until now. I have never boarded in such powder in my life! The great thing is that we were all able to stay together. Yesterday, Adin was doing a BLACK DIAMOND run in 18 inches of powder with me, Connor and Preston. Alyson had hurt her leg and had just missed this (she's the smart one that would never let us do a run of this nature), but we all did it! Adin was a trooper (he did have a little melt-down when it seemed at a point that the run actually never was going to end), but he did great! He can't wait to tell everyone that he did a black diamond run in a blizzard! We ate a lot of good food and topped it off with nearly 3 hours in the hot springs last night! Our trip home was an adventure with all of the snow, but it really wasn't a big deal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
SO FUN! I wish we could have been there. The snow sounds awesome! I'm glad you made it home safely-- just getting from our school (which closed at 10:30 am today... someone at administration apparently didn't watch the news this morning) to our house was an adventure. Derek is working at the hospital tonight, but i guess the snow keeps the crazies at home, so he got a three-hour workout in! (in the meantime, I got a workout shovelling the 10" accumulation of snow off our driveway.) We had fun being snowed in at home today-- but it's no Steamboat.
Sorry we missed the blizzard...no I am not!!! I am tired of the snow isn't it supposed to be spring??? Glad you had fun!
great skiing pictures. How come I have to cook the meat when you all eat here? If it is so fun, perhaps you should do your own cooking where ever you go.
Post a Comment