A group of women from my ward and I just completed a four week health challenge. It was a great motivator to get ourselves ready for summer and the less clothing that comes with it. It was an awesome experience and the competition side of it helped us all stay on track. It was all about making healthy lifestyle choices that help us feel and look better. The best part of it was that I lost 6 pounds and feel much better about putting on a bathing suit. I know that the greater majority of this family is currently undergoing rigorous training for future events and that means you are pretty well focused on healthy habits already...Great! But, some others of us could use a little healthy competition to keep us focused and on track. Who better to offer a competition to than a group of Weaver's, right...So with that said, is anyone up to a family health challenge? I have e-mailed the rules of the challenge and a chart to keep track of your progress to each family. Read through the info and let me know if you are up to it. Kids are welcome to participate.
I'd like to start this competition on Monday June 1st and continue until the family reunion where we can celebrate, together, our success. I'd also like to suggest some incentives...PRIZES!!! Lets make suggestions and decide on a prize for the winner. I would like to suggest an entrance fee of an amount of money that each individual feels comfortable with. I'd be willing to pay $100.00 of my own cash to start the prize money pot. Everyone who commits to take the challenge offers a disclosed amount of cash to the pot and the winning adult and the winning child takes all. Yes, I know that this sounds a little like gambling, but I did just return from a weekend in Vegas. Just Kidding, really! This is just an idea...and one that works to motivate me. Make your own suggestions and we will vote.
1 comment:
I'M IN! oh wait maybe I better read the rules first :)
Post a Comment