
Absolutely amazing. We did the first dive in totally open water. Absolutely nothing to see except miles of ocean and the bottom barley visible about 70 feet below our 60 depth. We could see snapper spawning below us and we did see one hawk billed turtle, but other than that it seemed just totally remote and not likely you would see anything. 2nd dive a few more snapper, and even more blue ocean, the vis was about 100 feet. All of a sudden the dive master started hitting his tank and pointing, I though he was trying to get us to catch up. He went nuts and I looked behind to see if someone was in trouble or something and at my feet was the whale shark. about 25 feet long and a mouth at least 10 feet across. I rolled to my back and it literally swam up my torso touching me along my whole body. It is against the law to touch them so I just lay there and it swam over me and turned around and came at me again. It was unbelievable. It then went toward the woman in our group and she swam away as fast as she could go. It chased her all the way to the surface. She obviously violated her rise rate. It then came back around all of us and swam around us for at least ten minutes before swimming away. Absolutely unreal. It was huge. The dive master said he had never seen one hang around and that most people simply got to see one swim by in the distance. He was blown away at how long it stayed with us. Once in a life time. dad posting as mom
3 comments:
I cannot tell you how jealous that I am! I have done about 200 dives now and never even come close to that! I can't tell you how much I wish that I had seen that!
Maybe she thought you were her mate!! My kids want to know...is it a whale or is it a shark? Ugly thing, that is for sure, but amazing for you to experience!
Incredible! I would have been that lady scrambling to the surface! Did you take that picture?
Post a Comment