Sunday, May 20, 2007

Another Grizzweaver Day




Yesterday started out like any other day, I got up at 6am to get Connor ready to do a triathlon. Our babysitter got here at 6:30 and Connor and me headed to Castle Rock where Connor did his 1st triathlon of the year. He did a 100 yard swim, an 8K bike, and a 2K run. I'm not sure how he did because they started everyone at a different time, but it looked like he did really well. Besides, we didn't have time to stay and see because Preston's lacrosse game was starting 15 minutes from when Connor finished his triathlon so we had to cruise out of there. Preston did great in his lacrosse game and they won! I then had to run Preston to a friend's house and take Connor back to his lacrosse game. Connor was upset with his playing time, but they won. I then cruised over to get another babysitter to watch the kids for a couple of hours while I did my bike ride (I got a flat and had no spare). I then had to hustle back home, get all of the kids and get over to Invesco field where Connor's team was going to go onto the field and meet the Denver Outlaws professional lacrosse team. The kids had a blast, but I did not. Adin and Mia were starving so I got them pizza and sprite which they promptly got all over them. Mia then pooped her pants and I didn't have an extra diaper or wet wipes! I searched the crowd for someone that might and found someone. I then borrowed a diaper and wet wipes and had to change Mia in the bathroom. It was everywhere. While I was changing the diaper, Adin decided to hang on the urinals! When I rushed over to get Adin, Mia decided to move and got the poop even more spread out over the bathroom. People were coming in and then disgustingly leaving. I then had to wash them, me, and the entire bathroom. We went back out to the game where Adin spilled an entire Sprite all over the place and on his jacket. Of course, that got him crying that his jacket was wet, but didn't keep him and Mia from walking through it, reaching down to feel the sprite and then wiping it on their clothes! Connor wanted to stay at the game and so did Preston, but I was done! We left early. We were excited to get home because Alyson was now off of her plane and on her way home too! (She had been in Las Vegas overnight to see Megan win state in 3 of 4 events, she took 2nd in the other). So, we start our drive home. Suddenly, as I'm talking to Alyson on the phone, my car veers left and makes a horrible noise. I pull over to find my tire as flat as can be. Alyson was going to come and get the kids, but I told her to go home. It was just a flat tire after all. So, I get the spare and start the whole changing tire routine. I can't get the tire off! It won't budge and I'm trying everything! Then I look over and my jack is bending! I quickly tighten the bolts and the car falls down! I call Alyson and tell her that she's got to bring me another jack and a hammer. She comes after a while and loads all of the kids in her car, I get her jack and jack up the car again. I work on removing the tire for an hour! Just as I was giving up I pound the tire off by using the hammer on the back of the tire. I do a celebratory dance on the freeway and then got the tire changed! We made it home by midnight! No big deal!

4 comments:

Nori said...

Do you ever get the feeling that what causes us to be "Grizzweavers" is that we try to pack 3 days worth of activities into one day?

Keep it up and you'll be as burnt out and and crazy as we are when you're our age :)

fred said...

I am speechless. Perhaps grandma nori said it all. As an unbiased observer, it would seem that with your life and travel style, a nannie would be the only solution unless you took the drastic path and stayed home once in a while. Glad it is you and not me.

Cami said...

I'll just keep my cooments to myself and agree with Dad that I am glad it was you and not me, too!!!

Jason was wondering if you simply forgot to mention the part about saving the world from total disaster during a two minute down time somewhere in the day.

Love ya, but wouldn't want to be ya!

Britt said...

Oh my goodness, you should change careers and go into writing or something. That is too dang funny. Can you guys not afford roadside assitance or is it a male-ego thing? :) Just kidding, we had a similar thing happen on our way home from Boston last year-- a flat tire that should have been no big deal for Derek to fix, except that he couldn't get the spare out of the van! (Neither could the trucker who came to rescue us.)
Whew! I bet you need a weekend to recover.
Congrats to Megan!