Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Meet Gidget...

The newest member of the Richards' family!
Gidget joined our family last night. We are so exctied to have her...note I could not get a single Richards' child to hold her for the picture...including me! Shelby was "DYING" to have her own pet. This was her $130.00 (for pet plus housing and 2weeks worth of live food) choice. She says she needs to warm up to her before she holds her...hmmmm, lizard anyone???




Meet Shelby's other newest friend...her packing tape body double...


And the reason it looks just like her...



is because it was made from her own body! We wrapped packing tape (sticky-side up) on each part of her body. Then we re-wrapped twice (sticky side down) and cut each peice off and re-taped the cut line. Finally we taped all the parts together. This is what we got. This was a fun school project she was so excited to do. She was one of ten students in her class who were chosen to do the entire body.

5 comments:

fred said...

Well, that decides it for mom. We will not be coming for Christmas. She will never stay in the same house as a lizard, snake or any other reptile.
I can not even imagine trading a soft warm dog for a cold blooded reptile.
I love you guys with all my heart, but you are nuts.
The body double is neat.

Nori said...

ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!!
What in the ---- are you thinking?
Those things carry salmonella! And a lot of other creepy diseases I'm sure!

Now the body double, that's cool!

Cami said...

Well since no-one will touch it, we don't need to worry about the samonella. Right! I am sure it is a passing phase that will end up costing an 11 year old girl alot of money.

Adam Weaver said...

You are NUTS! I cannot believe this. You Richards have really lost your marbles! Not only is it a lizard, but it is darn right ugly!

Britt said...

As far as lizards go, I think Gidget is pretty. I couldn't handle the LIVE food that you have to provide for it!!! EEEW! My roommate did have a ball python in college, which we grew to love... well, we were comfortable with it. I never really loved it. I was disgusted when we came home and found it dead, stinking up our aparment one day.
The body double is awesome! How much do you wanna bet that Ethan is going to insist on doing it when he sees that picture?!