I've become a talk radio junkie when I'm driving in the car these days... Yesterday as I was driving to Denver I couldn't resist and called in to "Caplis and Silverman" when Craig asked Dan if he believed he'd be with his wife in heaven forever. I pulled over when they put me on the air-- I was actually nervous and really surprised that I got on, but excited to have the chance to share a simple statement about what I believe-- and then I unexpectedly got thrown a curve-ball when Craig asked me about homosexuality... but I felt like I answered as well as I could in 15 seconds.
http://www.khow.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=fullshows_capsil.xml
Scroll down to 3-13-09 4:00 pm hour
I was on the air around 4:18 pm, so a little less than half-way through if you want to skip ahead... just before Fran Maier, the featured guest.
The boys were whining at me, "Mom, can we go yet?!" until the phone call was over and I turned the radio back on and they heard my name, and then they were so excited about my 30 seconds of fame. :)
3 comments:
I'm bummed that I didn't hear it live. I listen to Kaplis and Silverman everyday! Alyson won't listen because she can't stand Craig's voice. Good for you! You should have heard the time Alyson called into Alice 105.9 and did the same on almost the same issues!
Mom and I listened to it. You did great. Your answers were right on except for the motorcycle discussion at the end.
I just do not understand why Craig, the voice is why I do not listen either, goes from eternal marriage to homosexuality. Go figure. He is just too weird, how does he stay on the radio?
Great job, Brit...you can be the family spokesperson anytime. Great job keeping a level-head and staying focused. I would have sounded like a blubering idiot being taken all over the road of questions like that. The one guy gave you a great compliment at the end of the call. Way to go!!!
Post a Comment