Wednesday, March 18, 2009

IRONWEAVER'S!!


Wonder's never cease! It is true, DAD (yes our Dad), Derek, and me are doing the newest Ironman that was added today. I couldn't sleep after talking to Dad and challenging him to this crazy event so I came in to look at my e-mail and found a copy of the registration for Dad at the 1st ever Ironman St. George, Utah to be held on May 1, 2010! We all will have to watch this transformation take place as we see our IronDad take this 140.6 total miles and kick it's butt! I know he will do it. It's not too late Danny! Come join our team! Tyson and Timmy will be so proud! I just can't wait to see Dad in his Lycra Skin-suit!

8 comments:

Alyson said...

You are all CRAZY! I hope we can all endure this as we take on another year of Iron-Man training! My boys shocked me last night when they were excited for their Dad to do another Iron-Man! I thought they would be like oh, no not another one but they can't wait to see him do it yet again! GOOD LUCK to all of you I hope you meet your goals! Girls what can we all do together? Oh, ya I promised myself I would never train for a big event while Adam is to much for one family! So, when they are done in May it will be OUR turn maybe a MARATHON! Girls are you in? We need to find one somewhere REALLY NICE!

Adam Weaver said...

I agree and will support that all the way!

Cami said...

How about we train for a really long vacation instead. Training involves frequent intervals of leaving our husbands alone with the children more and more often for longer and longer periods of time to get them used the idea of being with out us while we go on that long awaited, hard-earned 3-month long vacation in Tahiti...with out them, dah!!!! oh and I'll see if Jason would like to join the iron-man fun...I'll let you know!

fred said...

I cannot believe thAT THERE HAS NOT BEEN MORE INTEREST in seeing me in lycra and less hedonistic focus. what's with that?

Nori said...

I agree with Cami. To heck with training!

Britt said...

I know this will shock everyone, but I also signed up for Ironman. We need an IRON WOMAN in this family. See you in St. George!

Britt said...

Yeah, right. I am living an IRON MAN event every day, but it includes four events, not three: they are Ethan, Reid, Luke & Jane. :) I just wanted to see how high Adam's heart rate would get if I said that.

I am so thrilled for you guys... I am glad you have over a year to train-- I know you can all do it if you train well. That includes Dan & Jason, if they so choose!

The real feat will be to see how well we can maintain balance this year... Derek has already talked about taking kids in the bike trailer on some training rides this summer.

So let's plan a family reunion for ST. George in 2010... in the meantime, I need to get working on 2009! I haven't forgotten!

Britt said...

P.S. I will train for some kind of event with you Aly, and I am up for a vacation too, Cami!