Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Adam

                 I felt this good the day you were born.  
I remember 39 years ago as if it were just yesterday.  Having kids was the biggest life altering experience I have had.  I was basically terrified.  I think the first time I was really scared.  I have never gotten over that feeling of responsibility.  Nevertheless, I am proud of all my kids and would not give any of you back.  
Happy birthday to my first child.  Hope you have a great day and do something more fun than a long run.  Love dad

5 comments:

Adam Weaver said...

Thanks! So far it's been a very un-eventful birthday. I guess that's how they get. On a birthday, shouldn't it be the parents that get a celebration anyway? They're the ones that raise you up and had to endure those hard years!

Nori said...

I guess I was just too stupid to be scared, I was just thrilled out of my mind that my life long dream had been fulfilled. I had a real living breathing, pants pooping BABY!
I love you Adam, happy birthday!

Britt said...

Happy Birthday! I am grateful for the optimism and gregariousness that you bring to our family. Hope your day was great!

Cami said...

Sorry I missed talking to you today! Hope your day was as great as it gets when you are as old as you! Happy Birthday!

Adam Weaver said...

thanks ALL! It was the best birthday ever!