Things might not be as bright and sunny as in Cayman, but life is going pretty well here. :) On Saturday Derek and I took our first bikeride of the season--26 miles-- out on the peninsula with a doctor that Derek met and his wife. It was great to be outdoors again! We also found a really cool country-store that was built in the 1800's that we'll have to take Mom & Dad out to when you come out in a few weeks.
We did have one 70 degree day on Monday, so we got out the bikes and rode with Ethan to school. Reid, Luke and I then rode over to the hospital and met Derek for lunch, and then to the grocery store. We LOVE bike riding, and made a mental note that Wellington might not be the place for us. :)
We have kept the house immaculately clean, as we've been showing it to potential tenants (which we are hoping for so we can end our lease one month early.)
Ethan informed me today that Luke was being "Laban"; when I asked him what he meant, he said he tried to trade Luke a car for a Lego man, and Luke just took the car and kept the Lego man. Talk about "likening the scriptures"...!
We got a few good faith estimates today, so I think we are well on our way to being able to buy a house in Ft. Collins in the near future!
And we did have our own surf-n'turf night here at home last week, and discovered the Reid, Mr. "I'm hung-weeee!" (that's hungry in Reid-speak) loves crab and steak. So he and Adin truly are two peas in a pod. :)
Derek and I have been going to the tanning bed, so you won't have anything up on us when you get back. :) Glad you're having fun!
4 comments:
Good to hear your stories. Could Ethan teach my children the scriptures? We can barely get the surface skimmed, and yet he understands the depths. Amazing!!! Truely!!! I am getting a spray on tan for my cruise, does that count? I know I should come home from the cruise a pretty color, but I ususally come in from the sun paler than when I went out. My doctor says I have to be even more careful this time due to my newly formed scars.
Now don't go thinking you'll stay in Traverse City just because the snow has melted. We need you in Ft. Collins. No seriously, enjoy it while you can.
Cami, I think the spray tan counts! It's just cool that you get to go to Hawaii.
Love, Grandmanori
I am not sure about sun tans. I have the sun, but mostly it results in itch. Mom complains when I need a scratch.
I just wish we were all together somewhere. I think the best part of the whole trip is watching the kids and just talking. We have had some great times, but it is not the location that makes it great. It is the great people.
I can not wait until the June trip to Winter Park when we can all enjoy the company of family. Got to go so we can hurry off to another adventure.
I'm just amazed that Adam has left time available to put up blog photos in between your adventures! Thanks for thinking of us while you're having fun... I can tell you must mean it when you say you wish we were there! :)
Post a Comment