So Adam gave me a hard time yesterday for not posting anything for a while, and rightfully so. But in my defense, here is an example of what I've been spending my time doing:
As I was deleting some of my 268 email messages that have been neglected in my inbox for quite some time now, Reid and Luke were playing with blocks in the family room. They had been getting along well when all of a sudden I heard Luke scream out in a painful cry. I ran downstairs to find Reid already begin to blubber excuses, and I asked him if he hurt Luke. He admitted that he bit Luke because Luke took some of his blocks. I immediately sent Reid up to his room while I sat on the couch to comfort Luke, whose lips were turning purple because he was crying so hard. Reid had thrown his head back in a tantrum cry, and apparently had his eyes closed because he walked straight into a wall. I wasn't very sympathetic to the little perpetrator, and told him to continue up to his room. Finally, as Luke began to calm down, I heard Reid still crying at the top of the stairs, so I went to see why he wasn't in his room. From the bottom of the stairs I saw Reid's face covered in blood with a bandage haphazardly stuck below his nose. If the sight wasn't so alarming it would have been kind of funny-- Reid tried to remedy his bleeding nose like he does with any bump, bruise, or scratch-- with a band-aid. So I proceded to comfort him, clean him up, remind him that none of this would have happened if he hadn't lost his temper with Luke, and then got to work on cleaning the carpet-- white carpet, mind you. I think every stair had at least one drop of blood on it.
So as you can see, I haven't taken time to post blog pictures because I have much more entertaining things to do. :)
4 comments:
I still don't see the excuse. Who hasn't that happened too? That story could be told by every single person I know. Just kidding. Everyone is very busy except me.
Oh the casual relaxing life of a Mother............
At least he did it to himself...unlike my son whose own father proudly spinned him into the only real corner we have in the house and them brought him to me with blood spilling all over.
I have a scar on my forehead from my dad chasing me into a corner, too.:)
Post a Comment