Last night we went to our ward party-- this morning we trick-or-treated in Old Town-- this afternoon we went to Ethan's class party-- this late afternoon we had chili with Grandma Nori and Grandpa Fred (and DAD!)-- (by the time we got home Luke asked if it was bed time at 5:45 pm)-- and this evening we trick-or-treated with neighborhood friends until 7:00 pm (I was relieved to be done early.) It was a fun-filled day (month), but I can't wait to pack up all the decorations and costumes tomorrow!
We missed you, Derek!!! Hope you don't get too many real-life-spooks at work tonight!
6 comments:
Happy Halloween, boys. Alec could not decide either. He was Woody for the neighborhood party, superman for Grandma Cathrine's party, Woody again for school and Buzz Lightyear for trick-or-treating. We had great weather and did a lot of trick-or-treating. When we got home and I started eating candy, too I decided to let them each pick 15 candies to keep and then I bought the rest of the candy from each kid for $$$ for them to use to buy Christmas presents. Then, I gave the rest away. YEAH!!!
Who did you give the candy to? I can't think of anyone who would want it this time of year! :)
I sent some of it to work with Jason where it can get eaten in a flash or sit there for years...I do not care! And some of it I donated to the Kindergarten teachers for rewards. I would have thrown it away...it really did not matter as long as it was out of my house! The best part was that the kids were actually okay about it. They love the money more I guess.
You can always donate it to a homeless shelter.
You guys are amazing. I would have eaten it all. Hey Brit. I do not think for a minute you will be able to put away costumes. I am not sure I have seen your youngest in regular clothes for weeks. What makes you think he will go back to routine just because halloween is over?
Good point. Admittedly, I put away all the decorations, the costumes that don't get worn on a daily basis, but had to leave out about 6 costumes that Reid, Luke, and their buddy Jack wear on a daily basis. :) Try to keep them out of the princess costumes next week, alright? :) Although I'm pretty sure they'll want to wear Wonder Woman.
Post a Comment