I have listened to the constant barrage of comments regarding Obama's pastor and the need for all of us to understand the "typical black religion". I have tried to understand obama's effort to take the comments and establish a dialogue on race and the need for getting over the racial issues of this country. My problem is that if black religion should be understood and appreciated for a doctrine of hatred and the inability to get over the sins of the past, we will never get beyond hatred. If black religion tried to teach traditional doctrines of peace, forgiveness and love, perhaps the black community would not be so inflamed. Unfortunately if Obama thinks his "faith community" is justified in hatred and anger, he simply took a vindictive message and tried to make it an issue of race. It was not about race, it was about hate. The very same subject that we feel is proclaimed by Osama Bin Ladin.
I heard a variety of people speak aganist the election of a "mormon" in Mr. Romney. He even had to defend his religion and whether he would represent the people or his church. I find it very interesting that his church teaches NOT HATE, but love and focus on the family. You should research the words of his spiritual leader, the late Gordon Hinckley and share the doctrine taught in that church. It would make an amazing comparison to show a religion of love and tolerance versus a faith community of hatred and revenge.
If Obama cannot see that the message was hateful and just plain mean, not to mention a total integration of Church and State, he is far too ignorant to lead this country. Perhaps his inability to wear a lapel pin of our flag is his means to validate his ministers message.
6 comments:
I've never seen your Dad so enraged over a political issue. Perhaps because it's really a hate issue above all else. It's no wonder the blacks all still feel like whites are all out to get them if things like this are preached from their pulpits. Let's get behind this.......I think its so ironic that people where so worried about a Mormon. How about a person so filled with hate for his own country that he refuses to put his hand over his heart during the pledge of alliegence or the nation anthem?
I agree 100%. It is driving me crazy. There is something seriously wrong. Today, I was filling up gas in Steamboat to come home and noticed that Rolling Stone magazine has endorsed Obama as a "Great Change" for our country. People need to take a deep look at this man. It just may be that Romney will have to save our country in 4 years if this man gets elected.
Okay, so I'll be the first to admit that I live inside my own little sheltered world, but I tried to play catch up by looking on the internet to find out the exact issue that sent you into a fit of rage, but I simply could not pinpoint it. I know that Obama is a looser with some serious faults, but isn't he a better choice that Hilary?...and please set me straight on this issue. I read about his Paster and his ridiculous words of racism and anti-America, but I also read that Obama did not endorse his views, is that incorrect? Please tell me more.
obama really discounts what was said, but trys to point out that we white folk just do not understand. He still attends and refuses to acknowledge that religion is not a center for hate. This is a tough one because I would like to have McCain run against obama, but I am not sure what I want short time. I definitely do not want Hillary, but Obama may not even be an american. Politics.
glad you are still talking to me:) I hate talking politics, but mostly because of my limited knowledge of the issues.
I'm with Cami... I am in and out of keeping up with the news... The Backyardigans and Tom and Jerry seem to dominate our airwaves. I've also given up hope that any of the remaining candidates are very good options, so I guess we'll just have to hope for the lesser of all of the evils.
Post a Comment