Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Marathon!

Alyson Raced into the finish and kicked this guy's BUTT! Great way to finish 26.2 miles!
3 of us 4 did the marathon. Lelsy did the 1/2! It was a beautiful day in Georgia.

Anyone that knows Alyson knows she doesn't do what she doesn't want to do...until now! She did not want to do a marathon. She hated the training and lost sleep even thinking about doing the darn thing, but she did it nonetheless! Not only did she do it, but she did it right! She paced herself perfectly for the whole thing, she ate and drank right, and at the end she still had enough energy for a sprint! I am sooooooo proud of her. I didn't quite do as well as I would have liked, but I did qualify for the Boston marathon in 2009. It has to be said that Derek is still king of the marathon in the Weaver family.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Nothing says Alyson like that top picture! Way to go!

Britt said...

Way to go!!! I am so glad you did it, Aly. I love seeing strong finishes, like that, too. It shows that you really did train well. Awesome!