Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Good help is hard to find

In case you didn't know, Dawn liquid dish soap does not equal Cascade
dishwasher detergent. I really can't complain that I have hard-working
boys who know how to clean the kitchen. Sort of. I would have been
more upset if Derek hadn't made the same mistake 8 years ago while
doing an overnight home healthcare job and the parents of the patient
were sleeping upstairs-- except the entire kitchen floor was covered
in suds before he realized what was going on. At least i was sitting
in the kitchen when I saw the suds emerging.

3 comments:

Nori said...

I think this has happened in all of our homes at one time or another! Good job for Ethan helping so much! I bet he'll never do that again!


P.S. is that a red wall in the kitchen? I thought you didn't want red again.

Alyson said...

Just that fact that you took a picture tells me you are the only person I know with the patients a mom SHOULD always have. I would have been to busy cleaning up the mess to even think about what a great memory this would be later in life. I'm grateful our boys all know how to clean kitchens we must never complain!!

Britt said...

It's not red, it's "persimmon" :) Ha ha! after months of looking at the green tester spot I painted on the wall I decided it didn't work with the existing cabinetry so we used the same color we have in the exercise room, which I love. Maybe we'll change it when we redo the kitchen, but for now it's much better.