Monday, February 5, 2007

A Lesson on Role Models

This morning as I was folding laundry, Ethan came in and asked to watch cartoons. I said yes, and when he turned on the TV, there was some talk show with former Miss USAs or Miss Americas (they're all the same to me) debating whether Tara Connor should have lost her crown due to the recent scandal, claiming they were REAL role models and she has disgraced them and their titles. (Admittedly) I told Ethan not to change the channel, and of course he got impatient, and then he pulled out the big guns: he said, "Mom, this is TOO SEXY!" and took the remote from me and changed the channel. True to form, these "ROLE MODELS" were only outdoing each other in the amount of cleavage they were revealing. I'm glad my 5-year-old knows how to spot the OPPOSITE of a role model when he sees one (not to mention giving my conscience a little nudge.) :)

1 comment:

Cami said...

Its all that great parenting...of course!!!!!!!!!