




Well, there's a reason Mom and Dad don't like hangin here. It's our schedule. It's a little hectic to say the least. Today was no exception. Last night Connor had an 11 year old scout campout that we learned about on Tuesday this week. We went to that, staying up until midnight playing capture the flag. We got up at 6:30am to do some of the scout chores with breakfast, cleaning up our camp, etc. so that we could be out of there by 8:30, run home, change into his lacrosse gear, and get him to his game at 9:30. Preston needed to leave by 9:45 for a game in Broomfield (about an hour from here). Alyson had never seen Connor play so she went to his game while I took Mia and Adin and Preston to Broomfield for his lacrosse game. Connor's team won and Connor had a great game from what Alyson and Connor said. Preston's team got beat pretty darn good, but Preston had fun even though he was playing against kids that were almost double his size (take a close look at the pictures). Preston was scrappy the whole game though and never gave up. He earned the MVP game ball from his team because of his great efforts. I like what Preston said to Connor on the phone after the game, "I didn't score any goals, I didn't even catch the ball very good, but the coach said I played harder than anyone even though everyone was bigger than me." I just laughed as he was telling Alyson and Connor while I drove the hour trip back home. We grabbed a quick meal and then got home just in time to get everyone into one car to go watch Adin's soccer game. By that time the weather had turned cold and windy, but Adin seemed to have a lot of fun. He ran more than anyone else in the game, but it wasn't necessarily where the ball was. We then got to come home where we put up the basketball hoop for the trampoline finally and just hung out. Sunday should be great!
4 comments:
First and most important, we do like hangin at your house, it is just a lot of action. I do not think recognizing the confusion says we do not like it there.
I have to agree with Preston's coach. I saw his hustle at his practice last week. He was like a gnat. He was all over his man and made life tough for the poor guy. He definitely reminded me of his dad.
I imagine Adin is a hoot to watch, he is the family's unguided missle. Who knows where he will go, but he gets there fast.
I hope my kids are wimpy and not into sports because I don't think I can handle Saturdays like that. :) Just kidding.
Preston, I was smaller than the kids I played sports with, too. I wasn't the best basketball player (as Uncle Derek will be very quick to tell you) but I LOVED playing defense. My guy friends who came to watch me would bet on how many balls I would steal. :) So way to go, Preston-- you're a man after my own heart!
Man! what a schedule!
You must enjoy a busy life...it actually makes me crazy to live like that. My kids had to pick just one activity to join (other than piano) this time around.
Post a Comment