Sunday, April 29, 2007

Mackinac Island Mayhem




On a whim we decided to go to Mackinac (pronounced "mackinaw") Island for our last little trip before we leave Michigan. It is an island just off of the coast of the Upper Peninsula and next to the Mackinac Bridge. There are no automobiles, except the police and construction vehicles so we took our bikes and rode all over the island for the day. It was a great trip and can now happily say that we have been to Michigan's #1 tourist attraction. Ethan rode the entire perimeter of the Island (8 miles) and at the end of the day said he could keep on going. Since there are no cars we decided that mom and dad didn't have to wear helmets. What we didn't account for was our 6-year-old hot-doggin boy who rode all over the trails with little regard for the other cyclists. Brittany clipped the little stunt man's rear tire sending him over his handle bars and her and Reid (who was in the baby seat) to the pavement. Other than Reid's bruised ear and ego there were minimal injuries. Mental note: Helmets are goofy, but necessary. We are excited to see everyone next week.


2 comments:

Cami said...

I am sorry to hear about your fall. Sounds like everyone is okay, but OUCH! Maybe we should pay attention to your example and learn from your mistakes...we NEVER wear helmats I just cannot get into it...OOPS! Hey just how semi-formal is this semi-formal we are going to this week? Will a simple black wrap dress with dressy jewlery work? I guess I could go shopping, again:)!!!

Adam Weaver said...

Mostly, I'm impressed that Derek posted a blog!