The doorbell rang at 1:45 AM. I stumbled out of bed and went to the door. I could see a police van in front so I turned on the light and cracked open the door. I was naturally in the white tennis suit I wear to bed so I did not plan to go out, but the policeman would not come close to the door, so I stepped out into a clear warm early morning arrayed in white to find out why we were getting so much attention at this time of day. He pointed to the front lawn and said, "someone took out your retaining wall."
Apparently someone had been reported squeeling around the neighborhood and ran the car into the wall. The car was not there. The cop said that the car had been found at the golf course except for the parts left in our front yard.
GOOD MORNING!!! About 2 hours later we were able to go back to sleep. Now we have some more work to do, Hooray!!!
2 comments:
Holy crap, how did you not hear that?
DUH!!!!
Post a Comment