Monday, June 25, 2007

Residents' Rafting Trip

While the boys were throwing rocks in the river with Grandma and Grandpa, this is what we were doing upstream. I'd never gone rafting, so I was a little nervous and apprehensive about getting wet (you know me, I hate to be cold, and the water was 38 degrees). Derek volunteered us to be in the front (little did I know that I would get drenched there), but I loved it!

From left to right:

Our guide, John, (a fellow FCHS Lambkin Alum!), Kristin (one of Derek's colleagues), her husband Joe, Mason (another one of Derek's colleagues-- I think those two would end up attached at the hip if they didn't have different schedules), Derek, Mason's fiancee Nikki, and me!
It was a fun opportunity to get to know the 1st year residents and their "significant others". We went out to dinner afterward at HuHot Mongolian Grill and had fun talking with a few others from our group, as well. Of course Derek had to stir up the pot and bring up politics (he got on his soapbox on one of his favorite controversial topics-- unions) but fortunately, I don't think he burned too many bridges. At least they will know him for who he really is, right? :)

2 comments:

Alyson said...

Looks like a lot of fun! It would be fun to get all the adults in the family and do a trip down the river. I am glad you all had fun, and it looks like you have a great group of friends and residents that always makes life a little nicer.

Cami said...

I had a very bad experience river rafting may years ago..I am still not over it...count me out. O-U-T!